Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Overview

My opinion of the MISSONI RTW Summer Collection 2011 is very positive. I think this is the most colorful collection I have seen MISSONI design yet, I love the African cultural look of the ensembles. They pieces look comfortable, but high-fashion which is not easy to achieve. The prints and colors of this collection inspire me because when I think of MISSONI, I picture more natural colors and only their signature zig-zag knit fabric. I love that for this collection they went above and beyond their normal standards. The elements I would like to include in my own knitwear design would include: a lot of color, striking patterns, and a wide variety of looks. I adore the 2011 MISSONI Summer Collection, but I would've enjoyed seeing more than just dresses and crop-tops. The color story of the 2011 Summer Collection is very heavy on blues, oranges and yellows with subtle hints of white, green and purple. The collection show a lot of color-blocking and tribal shaped prints (shying away from the regular zig-zag fabric). There are not any special trims that caught my eye, but big accessory for this collection is over-bearingly large floppy hats and wrap up sandals. The very loose fitting caftans and wrap skirts seem to be a repetitive theme throughout the collection, along with the crop tops. As you can see, the MISSONI RTW Summer Collection 2011 is extremely cohesive. From the shoes to the hats to the color blocked and tribal textiles. The target consumer for this collection would be a woman  between 28-45 years of age who loves to travel and isn't shy to state her presence, is happily married with 2 children, enjoys the lavish things in life but would never act above anyone and is extremely financially stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment